DAY 1 In Lima
Reception at Lima airport and transfer to hotel.
Overnight in Lima
DAY 2 Lima City Tour (B)
PM Full city tour of modern and colonial Lima, declared a UNESCO world heritage site in 1991. Tour in an air conditioned bus with a bilingual guide. The tour includes a visit to the Cathedral, Main Square, San Francisco Convent and its Catacombs, and the residential areas of San Isidro and Miraflores. Return to your hotel. Free evening. Overnight in Lima
DAY 3 Lima – Cusco (B)
After breakfast, flight to Cusco, reception and transfer to your hotel. Rest of the day at leisure to acclimatize to the altitude. Overnight in Cusco
DAY 4 Cusco City Tour (B)
Afternoon guided visit of the city downtown main attractions and the four ruins nearby. The tour will start at the Cathedral to then continue with the Koricancha or Temple of the Sun, after which we will visit the Sacsayhuaman Fortress overlooking the city of Cuzco, a pre Inca architectural masterpiece; Kenko, a rock sanctuary whose main attraction is the monolithic altar representing a puma, the red Fortress of Puca-Pucara and Tambomachay, a beautiful fountain fed by a spring forming a series of basins. Return to Cusco downtown. Overnight in Cusco
DAY 5 Cusco – Sacred Valley – Cusco (B, L)
Full-day excursion to Urubamba, the Sacred Valley of the Incas. Visit the village of Pisac, founded during Colonial times. On Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays the Indians barter their products, and artisans from all over the area sell their woven alpaca wool blankets and ponchos, engraved gourds, antique reproductions and jewellery. On Sundays, it is also the meeting place for the local Mayors of the region, who come dressed in their traditional costumes, to attend morning mass. After buffet lunch, a visit to Ollantaytambo, the only Inca town which is still inhabited.
Overnight in Sacred Valley.
DAY 6 Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco (B, L)
Transfer to the Train station to catch the train to Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu. Arrival in Aguas Calientes, reception and transfer to the bus station to go up to the Machu Picchu Citadel on a 30 minutes ride.
Upon arrival, guided visit of the most spectacular ancient city in the world. This fabulous city contains houses, temples, warehouses, a large central square; all connected by narrow roads and steps that are surrounded by terraces cut into the mountain side. After the tour, free time to enjoy this spiritual wonder. Lunch in Aguas Calientes.
Return in the afternoon by train to Cuzco and transfer to your hotel.
Overnight in Cusco
Day 7 Cusco – Lima – (B)
Transfer to Cusco airport to take your flight to Lima.
END OF OUR SERVICES
*Programs can depart any day with 2 passengers minimum.
- 2 night accommodation in Lima at selected hotel including breakfast
- 3 night accommodation in Cusco at selected hotel including breakfast
- 1 night accommodation in the Sacred Valley at selected hotel including breakfast
- All entrance fees in Peru
- Private airport transfers
- Transportation for included excursions
- Excursions as specified in the itinerary in SIC service
- Peru Rail Expedition Service Poroy – Aguas Calientes – Poroy (Upgrade to Vistadome available upon request).
- Meals as indicated (B-breakfast, L-lunch, D-dinner)
- 24/7 Personal Assistance by our staff
OUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- International and domestic air tickets and associated taxes.
- Meals not specified on the itinerary.
- Personal expenses such as telephone bills, laundry expenses, beverages, etc.
- Insurance against theft, loss, illness and/or accident.
- Tips, baggage porterage and other extras not specified.